Recipe – Cauliflower Rice
A few people asked me how I made this after popping a photo or two on Instagram. It’s really, really simple and tastes superb. The textures of cauliflower and soften onion really work well together and the dish is very adaptable. Terrific substitute for rice and can be used as a base for many main meals. Omit the curry powder and experiment with your own flavours.
One half of a medium cauliflower head
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tsp mild curry powder
150ml vegetable stock
1 handful of spinach
1. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Place in a blender. Whizz for a couple of seconds until a fine rice like texture.
2. Use a deep frying pan to soften the onion and garlic in a glug of oil.
3. When softened, add the cauliflower. Mix and fry over a medium heat for 2-3 mins.
4. Add the curry powder and stir through. I used a mild Waitrose own on my first attempt and a tikka masala on the second. But experiment and see what works for you. Alternatively, you could add cumin, turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder.
5. Add the stock and spinach. Stir through.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve.